The purpose of this position is to ensure the timely completion of all related international accounting tasks as well as direct the activities of the team’s respective teammates to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved, in alignment with DaVita’s Mission and Core Values. This role will work closely with worldwide subsidiaries and reports to International Accounting Director.
- Oversee the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, reserves, intercompany transactions, and foreign currency conversions.
- Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Work with US and foreign teams on global accounting policies and procedures to satisfy US and foreign compliance requirements.
- Prepare and review Singapore IFRS ledger, coordinate the annual consolidated IFRS audit as needed.
- Interact with the external audit partners and managers on various technical issues that arise on the audit.
- Deal review support on new international acquisitions.
- Train US and foreign teammates on financial systems (Oracle, Essbase etc)
- Handle special projects, taking full responsibilities for the successful and timely completion of the project.
- Able and willing to undertake international travel as required.
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Coordinate and support annual statutory audit processes ensuring timely and accurate country specific filings.
- Perform accounting research and analyze technical accounting issues in accordance with GAAP.
- Oversee monthly accounting close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of all monthly accounting financial information submitted by foreign countries.
- Build, manage and lead a highly skilled and motivated team of accounting supervisors and senior accountants.
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities concurrently with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in accountingCPA or equivalent (CA, ACA) strongly preferredMinimum of four (4) years’ experience in public accounting, preferably Big 4 with Fortune 500 companiesGeneral understanding of US GAAP and IFRSFamiliarity with GAAP research toolsAdvanced level computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel required; intermediate proficiency with MS Word and Outlook required; intermediate proficiency in Oracle, Hyperion, Essbase or other database accounting systems strongly preferredSecond language is preferred – Spanish, Portuguese, or Chinese
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Federal Way, Washington, United States
Application Deadline: N/A