Website Etihad Careers
To perform safety investigations for operational safety incidents and accidents in order to determine the root cause of the events. This includes being part of the company’s investigation go-team that will join investigations led by the GCAA or other international governmental bodies for major accidents.
- Maintain the safety management system database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data entered into the database for future statistical use.
- Analyze and interpret factual information gathered from investigations to be able to deduce the root causes of safety incidents and accidents.
- Assess the severity of safety incidents to determine the extent of the company’s response to an incident.
- Research the latest technologies in investigation and human factors (HFACS) to ensure that the investigations are carried out in accordance with best industry practices.
- Identify safety recommendations to the organization in order to avoid repeated safety incidents.
- Compose and review safety investigation reports that will be published to the associated stakeholders within the company. These reports maybe distributed to governmental authorities and other external stakeholders.
- General business management training, including human resources, performance and project management;
- Supplemental training in safety related disciplines, such as Flight Data Monitoring, advanced investigations, auditing, risk management, etc.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Advanced computer literacy in office productivity applications;
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in aviation/airlines, including experience in an investigative function and in a flight safety function.
- Completion of all qualifications necessary from the regulatory body to act as a lead investigator in the instance of an accident.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to engineering, safety or aviation is recommended.
- Membership in a professional body related to aviation or safety.
- Successful completion of an aviation Safety Management System (SMS) training course is desireable.
- An Airline Transport Pilot’s License or a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer would be recommended.
- Successful completion of an aircraft accident/incident investigation course is desireable.
Company: Etihad Careers
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A