Perform a variety of accounting assignments within a Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Record and report financial transactions, reconcile accounts and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Produce accurate and timely financial statements as needed, including, if appropriate, FERC based financial statements. Participate, as needed, in the planning and analysis function for the Business Unit or functional area of responsibility in coordination with FP&A. Maintain and identify opportunities to enhance internal controls and support regulatory compliance and business planning by performing analyses. Work closely with other departments and business units regarding accounting activities.
- Interact with internal and external auditors, Controller’s Group and Business Units as required to accomplish goals.
- Prepare the monthly reporting packages, including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for use in internal and external reporting. Assists in the accounting, analysis and budgeting of various accounts in coordination with FP&A.
- Assist, as needed, in special projects and the implementation of changes in FASB/GAAP.
- Support and participate in the monthly financial statement close process for Business Unit or functional area of responsibility, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances. Consult and liaise with operating unit finance personnel on accounting issues.
- Prepare, review and analyze account reconciliations for companies and/or designated functions within Business Unit or functional area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements.
- Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process efficiency
- Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP and SOX compliance
- Effective teambuilding and leaderships skills
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Demonstrated project management skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Exude a high degree of professionalism and treats others with respect
- At least 2 years of related experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wilmington, DE, US
Application Deadline: N/A