A Cake Artist for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre is responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while seeking customer feedback, training staff, controlling costs, and covering all business needs
- Bake and decorate all kind of cakes in creative manner and with high attention to detail.
- Be environmentally aware
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Discussing the cake design ideas with the guests to create exceptional guest experience.
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs.
- Assist in preparing welcome amenities and special requirements.
- Create large and small volume of wedding cakes, all types of shapes, animation, cartoon characters, and logo design cakes etc.
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target
- Assist Pastry Chef in the daily operation of the Pastry Department to ensure high productivity and standards are maintained at all times.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Experience in making all kind of decorations like icing, fine art work piping, fondant and marzipan figurine work and chocolate work.
- Intermediate food hygiene qualification.
- Accountable and resilient.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience as Cake Artist or similar role.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Experience managing food costs.
- Experience in creating various types of cakes.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, AE
Application Deadline: N/A