Website Marriott International
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you? The Marriott International HQ located at 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, MD 20817 is currently hiring a Assistant Manager, Accounting.
- Emphasis will be placed on underlying business processes and tools that produce accurate, timely, and complete results.
- This position reports to the Manager(s) of Joint Venture Accounting.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures to ensure accurate calculation, review, and reporting of monthly actual results, monthly forecasted results, and the annual budget and long range plan for the joint venture portfolio.
- Utilize Essbase cubes and Hyperion Financial Reporting/Management to develop and maintain reports to assist in the financial reporting of JV results.
- Ensure that the Company’s interests in joint ventures (“JVs”) are properly accounted for and reported on the Company’s books, including converting local GAAP to US GAAP for international ventures.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure compliance with financial terms of JV agreements. Examples include ensuring that financial statements are audited and reviewed on a timely basis and dividends are declared and paid.
- Provide financial information such as book balances and forecasts to support management in non-recurring transactions, including impairments, purchases, sales, or redemptions of JV interests.
- Assist the Managers in prioritizing projects and workloads of the department members and establishing deadlines around those priorities.
- Ensure that reporting obligations to partners, lenders and other key stakeholders are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in managing the preparation of year-end and preliminary audit schedules and footnote disclosures for the Marriott consolidated financial statement audit.
- Assist in maintenance of a data repository for each JV that includes all legal documents pertaining to the Joint Venture such as the partnership agreement and audited financial statements for each fiscal year.
- Ensure proper controls are in place to effectively manage compliance with Marriott policies as applicable to the JV portfolio.
- Review the work products of the senior accountants and assist in their professional development.
- Partner with multiple Marriott departments (Accounting Policy, Finance Business Partners, Asset Managers, Legal) to obtain information for new JVs, assisting with the review of draft agreements and ensuring JV agreements include language which provides for receipt by Marriott of necessary financial information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Assistant Manager of Joint Venture Accounting will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of accounting, reporting, and analysis for Marriott’s lodging and corporate joint ventures, including mixed-use ventures.
- The Assistant Manager will produce financial information needed by various stakeholders to effectively manage the business and meet reporting obligations.
- Solid knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles. Experience with principles related to accounting for equity and cost method JV investments a strong plus.
- Adept at documenting and improving processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes, and producing quality results.
- Able to multi-task; comfortable with complexity, ambiguity, change, and process improvement.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral. Ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Able to manage multiple time sensitive assignments simultaneously and work both collaboratively and independently while meeting required goals and deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure. Comfort with challenging the status quo to improve effectiveness.
Self-motivated and creative thinker.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with accounting in a multi-currency environment under multiple bases of accounting.
- Four or more years of progressive accounting experience, significant international accounting exposure a plus.
- Educational Requirements
- Experience with PeopleSoft, nVision and Hyperion Financial Systems a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- CPA, MBA or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft office applications, with strong focus on spreadsheet applications.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
- Positive attitude, flexible and a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to develop alternative and creative solutions.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bethesda, Maryland, US
Application Deadline: N/A