As the Accounting/Auditing Controller you are responsible for ensuring effective financial and budgetary controls throughout Patagonia Works. For this role, you will need to bring a strong technical accounting background; have the ability to create, implement and monitor policy and processes with an emphasis on controls; and have a strong business sense with a broad range of business knowledge and an understanding of business drivers. You must have an aptitude for systems and drive a culture of continuous improvements in the accounting function to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and overall performance of the department. You must have proven management, leadership and communication skills and establish strong relationships with our business partners across the organization.
- Lead various projects and tasks as required based on business needs, including d eveloping modeling tools and procedures for examining and understanding financial data and provide credible recommendations relative to the data.
- Oversee the global close process and consolidations to ensure that all regions have submitted financials in a timely, efficient manner and are in compliance with US GAAP. Includes oversight of the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial activities, including journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, reserve analysis, consolidations and reporting.
- Ensure global compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, company policies and procedures and internal control environment (including IT general controls); will require establishing policies and controls in various areas and identifying areas to perform testing against established policies and controls.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to the global ERP systems and tools in order meet financial reporting requirements as well as improve information and controls and support the Company’s strategic needs. Participate in upgrades and development of the financial accounting systems. Stay aware of new trends and products that could be recommended to improve the operational effectiveness of the global finance and accounting team.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Experience with Microsoft D365, TM1, Power BI and Tableau a plus.
Qualification & Experience:
- CPA, Public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred), Accounting or Finance BS, MBA desirable.
- Advanced Excel a must, experience with PowerPoint and Word, strong knowledge of the Office365 environment including SharePoint and Teams.
- 6-8 years of progressive experience in senior finance roles
- Experience working within a multi-channel retail environment a plus
- Experience with large enterprise ERP and related tools for reporting and analysis.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A