Website Rockwell Automation
The Solution Consultant is responsible for supporting sales at key customer pursuits by providing specific solution expertise in a defined geographical area. The Solution Consultant acts as the solution expert for the sales organization by delivering outcome-based messaging to customers at executive and management levels. The Solution Consultant has a broad understanding of all related products and delivery offerings from RA, partners and competitors in the designated solution area.
- Translate competitive solutions into a RA solution that meets or exceeds customer’s expectations.
- Participate in account planning and sales strategy focusing on new customer acquisition and existing customer expansion.
- Proactively facilitate and/or provide training to the sales force & channel on the values and outcomes of specific solution(s).
- Focus on opportunities that support Rockwell Automation’s strategy.
- Knowledge of industry strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Share insights with regional and global peers.
- Advise Technology Consultants and/or sales on proposal generation and validation.
- Be the focal point in the defined geography for the specific solution(s), of which he/she has been designated as an expert.
- Define and articulate differentiators and values versus competition for the specific solution. Analyze competitive product lines, have knowledge of competitor’s strategy, further define competitive differentiators.
- Assist sales at proposal presentations for executive level customers
- Provide product gap and development feedback for the specific solution to appropriate organizations.
- Understand business models, organization, and go to market strategy, leverage where appropriate
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities to continuously develop technical skills.
- Co-operate with the sales force in promoting the solution to existing and new customers with presentations and/or demonstrations.
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related demonstrated sales experience.
- Fluency in native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to set, be accountable for and achieve challenging targets.
- Able to articulate value of larger Rockwell Automation application value, without the need to demonstrate individual products with hands on demonstrations
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to influence, empower, coach and motivate others.
- Software industry experience
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Strong support of customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
Company: Rockwell Automation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dayton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A