We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Accounting/Auditing Surveyor at Siemens Rail Infrastructure. This role is based in Manchester, working on one of many prestigious projects we have been successful with. You will be responsible in this role to provide a dedicated and professional pre and post contract commercial management service. Act as primary interface to customers and stakeholders for your assigned projects.
- Prepares internal and external commercial reports
- Able to manage cost of both direct labour, material, plant and subcontract cost (essential)
- Work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
- Commercial functions of various work packages. These may include Design, Signalling Installation, Test & Commission , Materials, Telecoms, Electrification, Power, Plant, Professional Services, Civil Engineering and Permanent Way on the railway infrastructure.
- Liaise with work package managers to collate information on the works
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders. E.g. finance, project management, engineering, subcontractors, suppliers and Employers team.
- Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods (essential)
- Work with the project delivery team responsible for work package / project change control and management
- Maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
- Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions (essential)
- ideally gained in a similar or related contracting construction industry e.g. Rail, Engineering, Defence.
- Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment (essential)
- Use of Microsoft Office and other software to present high standard of documentation
- Good contractual knowledge and understanding (essential)
Qualification & Experience:
- HND/Degree qualified or equivalent and or hold or working towards professional qualification, RICS, CICES (essential)
- 5 years experience.
- Previous Quantity Surveyor / Contract Administrator experience working within a contractor side project environment (essential) Experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, GB
Application Deadline: N/A