Tracing the contacts of lab-confirmed COVID-19 positive individuals and tracing their contacts in turn, and conducting a community contact interview by phone. Dialogue with contacts will be guided by standard protocols to obtain any symptom history and other relevant health information.
- Notify contacts and promote self-monitoring through 14 days past the last known exposure to the confirmed case.
- Ensure that contacts who develop symptoms promptly isolate themselves and notify public health staff.
- Refer contacts to their healthcare provider for medical advice, testing and care as appropriate.
- Identify potential close contacts of a confirmed case.
- A clear understanding of patient confidentiality, including the ability to conduct interviews without violating confidentiality.
- Ability to independently manage workload that includes reaching out to contacts over the phone, maintaining spreadsheets, and data entry.
- The ability to grasp medical terms and principles of exposure, infection, and infectious periods.
- Excellent interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills such that trust can be built with patients and contacts.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience with health education and knowledge of community outreach.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reno, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A