The Digital Experience Manager supervises, trains, and recruits staff in support of Digital Services for the UC San Diego Library. Digital Experience, also known as DX, is the Technology and Digital Experience (TDX) customers’ holistic digital perception of their experience with the Library. This position will ensure the quality of all digital interactions TDX has with its customers, inside the Library and on our various platforms. The Digital Experience Manager will be responsible for identifying, measuring, and improving our customers’ perception and experience, as great customer experience is the key to TDX’s success. This position serves to direct and organize project teams to provide a bridge between customer needs and highly technical groups, partners, and vendors. These duties must be accomplished with a high degree of tact, diplomacy, and a strong service focus.
The Digital Experience purview includes providing strategic direction for the implementation of user-focused digital technologies, service integration, and tools in support of Library activities. Additional services include software/contract renewal, asset/budget management, and Library Services Platform oversight. This includes identification and review of new and innovative technologies for potential adoption and continual assessment of the digital service needs of the Library. The Digital Experience Manager, in conjunction with the other TDX Managers, works to deliver a digital platform/experience that facilitates user access to information and services in support of the university’s core mission: teaching and research activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Requires solid ability to communicate highly technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Proven ability to communicate well with both individuals and groups
- Advanced knowledge of modern website management, content strategy, information architecture, user experience, and library information systems.
- Excellent management skills with a demonstrated background in managing IT technical staff.
- Advanced knowledge of the user-centered design process (user research, user needs assessment, user modeling, design, usability evaluation and developer relations).
- Proven methods and track record of success with process improvement and communication throughout the product or service development lifecycle.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in leading change management activities and managing their impact on the functional area or department.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A