Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than $200 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering approximately 6 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which will add 5000 new beds and almost double our square footage by 2021.
- Dining Services operates 19 locations across campus that include specialty restaurants, markets, full service restaurants, residential dining facilities, and a full service catering department. We are a 24/7 business where operating needs require varied work schedules including mornings, evenings, late night, and weekends. Employees may be required to take off during scheduled operational shutdowns such as Holiday Breaks, Spring Break, and Summer.
- Solid communication skills to interact effectively with vendors, students, department unit leads, and a wide variety of others.
- Thorough knowledge of food specifications including meat buyers guide, USDA produce, poultry and frozen specifications.
- Skill and knowledge to check incoming supplies to determine damage and correctness for quantity and quality for compliance with specifications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to set-up and maintain storage, inventory and distribution procedures.
- Proven skill and knowledge to maintain high sanitation standards in the receipt, storage, and distribution of food products.
Knowledge of math skill including addition; subtraction; multiplication; to provide statistical data and reconcile invoices, stores, dates, weights and measures to accurately account for and inventory items.
- Strong writing skill to write vendor reports and complete standard reports.
Qualification & Experience:
- Skill and experience in the use of an automated inventory control system for tracking receiving & distribution of product, recipes, and accounting.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Henderson, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A