Our team is looking to add an enthusiastic strategic thinker who is results driven and enjoys working in a “roll up your sleeves” fast-paced environment. This includes developing and implementing strategies that advance organizational change, foster a positive and inclusive work environment for everyone, and ensure that equity, diversity and inclusion considerations are incorporated in the decision-making processes.
- The Associate Director of Accounting and Taxation directs a team of professionals who provide direct support for many processes and services. Incumbent guides this team in the analysis and execution of complex federal and state regulatory requirements. This position works to create an environment of continuous quality improvements that ensure efficient and effective central operations bringing timely and accurate payroll taxation and accounting support to all UC San Diego departments and external regulatory agencies. As a member of the Payroll Leadership Team; incumbent participates fully in strategic planning, formulation of goals and objectives, and decision-making for the division.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, flexibility and skills in dealing with politically sensitive situations. Experience in written and verbal communication that convey complex or technical content into understandable terms that suits the intended audience. Proven ability to compose and deliver presentations to large and/or diverse audiences
- Expert level accounting-related knowledge and skills; in-depth knowledge of the accounting function. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of accounting principles theory and practice. Knowledge of GASB accounting and reporting standards
- Knowledge of best practice accounting internal controls.
- Thorough knowledge of financial transactions and systems, as well as related policy, accounting, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Ability to analyze business requirements, regulations and similar information.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related area; and/or equivalent experience/training.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A